Monday, December 15, 2008

White Chocolate Cherry Cookies

This weekend I tried a new cookie recipe. I'm SOOOO glad that I did! Let me tell you I'll have to be making another batch very soon! They went quick! The recipe is published in the December 2008 issue of Good Housekeeping and the recipe is by Paula Deen. Enjoy!

White Chocolate Cherry Cookies

3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbs. milk
8 ounces white chocolate chunks
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1/2 cup maraschino cherries quartered

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a cookie sheet. Combined flour, baking soda & salt. Set aside. In a large bowl beat sugars & butter on medium speed until well blended. On low speed beat in the eggs and vanilla until just combined. Add in the milk. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until blended. Stir in by hand the chocolate, nuts & cherries. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown. Allow to cool completely.

Tips: The original recipe calls for candied cherries. I personally don't like those so I used maraschino cherries instead. If you do this make sure to drain the cherries and pat them dry with a paper towel. Also I did not have white chocolate chunks so I used white chocolate chips instead. The recipe turned our wonderfully!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Keri said...

These cookies sound fabulous! I bet they look really festive too with the red and white. Thanks for posting.

Kerri said...

These look devine!