Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Really I'm alive

Sorry about the looooonnnnggg void between posts. My little girl is just so much fun! She takes up most of my time and energy. I do have a great recipe to share though! This recipe was inspired from one in Cooking Light Magazine. I tweaked it a little though. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Raspberry-Balsamic Glazed Chicken

2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or vegetable oil)
1 large shallot, chopped
1 tsp thyme
Salt
Pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup plus 2 tbs seedless raspberry jam
2 tbs dijon mustard
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

In a large frying pan heat 1tsp of the oil. Sprinkle thyme, salt & pepper on all sides of the chicken breasts. Sear all sides of the chicken in the hot oil (so that it has a nice brown color). Remove the chicken. In the pan add the other tsp of oil. Saute' the shallots until tender. Add jam, mustard, some more pepper and vinegar to the shallots. Stir until everything is well mixed and jam is smooth. Add the chicken back to the pan. Cover and cook for an addition 20 minutes turning the chicken at least once to cook evenly. Serve chicken with the sauce spooned over the top.

No comments: