Monday, September 28, 2009

Chicken Chili

It's that time of year again. The time of year you crave warm, comfort food that makes you feel good all over. Chili is always at the top of our list. My red chili recipe is not a recipe at all. I throw stuff in a pan and taste it. When it tastes good, I'm done. Chicken Chili on the other hand is a chili I have a recipe for. The great thing about this chili is it's soooooo easy to make! You can simmer it on the stove or throw it in the crock pot.

Chicken Chili

4 to 6 chicken breast, cooked & cut up
1 48 ounce jar of Great Northern Beans, drained
1 16 ounce jar of Salsa (we use medium but you can use hot)
12 ounces chicken broth
12 ounces pepper jack cheese, cut up (or shredded)
2 cloves of garlic chopped
2 tbs cumin
2 tbs chili powder

Mix all of the ingredients. Simmer on the stove top for 2 hours or in the crock pot on low for 4 to 6 hours.

That's it! So simple and soooo good!

A few tips

I "rinse" my salsa jar with the chicken broth to get all the goodness left in the jar.

Drain the beans but don't rinse them.

I like to top my chili with sliced black olives, shredded cheese, and sour cream.

No comments: