Sunday, November 9, 2008

The holidays are coming!

Today was a cold, snowy day. Ben and I didn't do much of anything today since he has a cold. Our talk this morning turned to the holidays. Since I should have a lot of time on my hands this year I plan to make plenty of treats for the holidays. I really can't eat a bunch of treats dues to gestational diabetes so I'll be handing them out (my doctors, Ben's work, friends, family, ect). I asked Ben what if there was anything he really wanted. His list included the "usuals" for him: chocolate covered pretzels, turtle pretzels, raspberry chocolate bars, fudge, truffles and peanut butter balls. I'm also going to make some cookie bars, no bake cookies and a few other surprises. (I'll give you a hint on one of the surprises: S'mores without the campfire!) I'll share my recipes as I go along. I hope you enjoy them. Does anyone else have holiday favorites they like? Share them in the comment section. Maybe I'll be inspired to add to my list.

1 comment: